Date of Last Revision: September, 2019
Access and Use of the Service
Blink Labs, Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the mobile device application Blink (the "App") and https://blink.cm (the
"Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of
Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the App. By using the App, you
agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them.
- Personal Information. To create an account on Blink, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information
that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not
limited to your name, email, and phone number.
- Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Phonebook. Because Blink is all about communicating with friends, upon your consent we may collect information from your device’s phonebook to upload and sync friends automatically.
- Camera and Photos. We need access to your phone's camera and/or photos in order to share with your friends on Blink.
- Face Tracking & Data. For devices that have TrueDepth camera capabilities, Blink uses face tracking and face data to automatically apply filters & effects in videos you create. For instance, you might say "I am an angel" and a halo can appear atop your head for a period of time. In addition, we use depth data to create certain types of occlusion or duplication effects (e.g. a tri-avatar effect that replicates your face and body as hologram avatars). Blink does not associate any specifically identifying face data with a user's profile.
- Location Information. When using our services, we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Speech recognition. With your consent, Blink is able to use your speech to create content or embed text in videos.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your app sends whenever you enter our App
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address,
browser type, browser version, the screens of our App that you navigate, the time and date of your visit,
the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. The collection of this data is primarily to improve the user experience, and also to ensure stability and reliability of the App.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to
use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its
changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this
address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.